Gorgeous Venue for Weddings
Going to the chapel and we’re going to get married
There can be few more amazing venues to hold your non-religious wedding or civil partnership than the Fitzrovia Chapel. Centrally located in the heart of the city of London, yet intimate and unique in flavour, the Grade II*-listed chapel exudes grace, beauty, history and Gothic charm. When you take a look through our pictures or come for a viewing, you’ll discover that the chapel is truly the kind of place where memories are made. We want to reassure you that should Covid-19 restrictions prevent your wedding from going ahead as planned, we will help you in rescheduling the chapel hire at no extra cost or give you a refund. That’s a guarantee from us.
An Unusual London Wedding Venue
Take a look at the wedding photos on this page and you’ll see that the chapel is a different kind of place to get married. Many of our couples have been searching for a venue that’s like no other. We offer a building so steeped in beautiful design and history that you almost don’t need to dress it up fo the day — but of course you can.
There’s a certain style and exclusivity that comes with the chapel and, blended with your own ideas and wishes, this makes it a fabulous location for your special day.
A legal or non-legal ceremony?
We are a registered venue for civil wedding ceremonies. This means that you can be legally married at the chapel if your ceremony is officiated by registrars from the London Borough of Westminster. This is a civil ceremony. You book the registrars on Westminster’s Day to Remember website. Please check our availability and ask us all your questions before you do that. Our hire charge is separate to Westminster’s fee.
However, you may wish to do something slightly different, outside of the legal (and religious) restrictions. You may like to make your vows in the presence of a humanist minister or a celebrant, for example. This can be a truly beautiful occasion. Some couples take care of the legal part at Westminster Registry Office but have a day to remember at the chapel as well.
Your Wedding at the Chapel
You can choose to have an intimate ceremony or a longer wedding with drinks afterwards. We would be delighted to work with you to create a bespoke wedding ceremony at our unique location.
When you’re deciding on something as important as your wedding venue, there will be questions to ask each place. From our experience, here are 10 questions that should be high on your list and ones you should ask us! We’ve added short replies to begin that conversation:
- How many guests does the venue hold? The chapel can seat 60 guests with drinks and 78 without.
- Will the ceremony be legal? Yes, if you choose a civil ceremony held by Westminster registrars.
- What does a secular wedding mean? It means there are no religious parts to the ceremony.
- What does the venue hire fee includes? Chairs and the exclusive use of the chapel are included. The registrar’s fee isn’t part of our fee.
- What drinks could I have after my ceremony? We allow light-coloured liquids such as Champagne, white wine and sparkling elderflower.
- Do you have any suggestions regarding live music, caterers, decorations or flowers? Yes, but do look through our Instagram @fitzroviachapel.
- Does the organ work? Yes, you can hire our little electric organ. It sounds fantastic.
- How much time do we need for a wedding ceremony? The ceremony itself is usually around 20 minutes but we’ll talk through other timings.
- What are the restrictions regarding decorations? We’re a Grade II* listed building so we have a list of considerations we’ll share with you.
- Can we have confetti? We’re sorry but confetti isn’t allowed either inside or outside the chapel.
Here’s a copy of our new wedding brochure to look through and be inspired. It also answers some of those questions: Fitzrovia Chapel Wedding Brochure